Renewable Energy Systems
Electricity generating systems that use renewable energy are eligible for up to $5,000.
Renewable energy systems include solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, hydro, biomass and geothermal electrical generating systems.
- Incentive is $800/kW to a maximum of $5,000.
Maximum one micro-generation installation per residential electrical meter per fiscal year.
- System must be a residential installation.
- Grid-tied systems must be approved under the Government of Yukon’s micro-generation program.
- Off-grid systems must pass the final electrical inspection.
- Complete and sign the renewable energy rebate application.
- Attach required documentation:
- Itemized receipts / invoices for materials purchased with zero balance owing.
- Signed copy of Micro-Generation Interconnection and Operating Agreement (grid-tied).
- Final approved electrical inspection (off-grid system).
- Submit rebate package to Energy Solutions Centre.
Other applicable incentive offers:
Renewable energy systems that are on-grid may also participate in the Government of Yukon’s Micro-generation program. The Micro-generation program pays participants for their annual surplus electricity generated and supplied to the grid. Please contact us to participate in the Micro-generation program.