Refrigerator Retirement Program
Time to retire your old refrigerator!
Old, inefficient refrigerators cost more to operate and consume more electricity than efficient ENERGY STAR® appliances.
- you get $50 per eligible old refrigerator (maximum two refrigerators),
- we pick-up the old fridge for free and transport it to the landfill,
- and, we pay the landfill tipping fee (covers cost of refrigerant and white metal recycling).
The refrigerator must be:
- 10 years or older,
- in current use (i.e. plugged in), and
- the owner of the appliance(s) must sign off on the application form and be present at the time of appliance pick-up.
- Please note that compact refrigerators of 220 L or 7.75 cu. ft or less are not eligible.
Contact us. We will coordinate the pick-up your old refrigerator. You will be contacted by the transportation company to arrange a pick-up time for the appliances. You must be present at time of appliance pick-up.
Other applicable incentive offers:
Perhaps you would like to replace that old fridge with a new energy efficient model? We offer incentives for the purchase of new ENERGY STAR® refrigerators.
This program is a partnership with the Yukon Energy Corporation.